ARTICLE 1. DEFINITION AND SCOPE OF “BEST PRICE GUARANTEE”
1.1 Conditions for applying “Best Price Guarantee”
“Best Price Guarantee” applies if the following cumulative conditions are met :
- you have reserved a room (room only or with breakfast included) in one of the hotels eligible for “Best Price Guarantee”
(see the list of eligible hotels in Article 2 below), directly through an Ambassador Hotel channel
(websites, mobile websites or Ambassador application, reservation centres or directly with the hotel),
- a confirmation number has been issued to confirm this booking,
- and within 24 hours following confirmation of your booking sent by email or the confirmation of your booking by telephone,
and no later than 48 hours before the planned date of arrival at the hotel:
⇒ you find, for the same hotel, for the same date(s), the same length of stay, at the same rate conditions
(i.e. refundable or non-refundable, prepayment and deposit requirements, room only or with breakfast included, booking cancellation and change condition),
the same type of room (identical category, size, beds, view or location) and the same number of people in the room,
⇒ a room offered at a lower public price and available for booking, this price being calculated in an identical manner, on the same basis as the total cost
of the stay with the same inclusions (taxes, VAT, services),
⇒ on the website, mobile website or third-party application (“Third-party booking channel”)
(hereinafter referred to as the “Eligible Booking”).
In the event of an Eligible Booking, confirmed by Ambassador under the terms and conditions stipulated herein, Ambassador shall apply the Third-Party Booking Channel
price and will offer you an additional reduction on the Third-Party Booking Channel price on the total cost of the booked accommodation of 25% for other eligible brands.
For example :
- if the reserved rate under an Eligible Booking on the Ambassador channel is 200,000 KRW,
- and the rate given on the Third-Party Booking Channel is 180,000 KRW,
- then the final rate applied by Ambassador pursuant to the “Best Price Guarantee” will be 135,000 KRW (180,000 - 25%).
1.2 Cases for excluding “Best Price Guarantee”
“Best Price Guarantee” shall not apply in the following cases :
- Group rates (more than 7 rooms),
- Business rates,
- Conference and seminar rates,
- Special promotional offers giving rise to an additional discount after booking confirmation (such as promotional codes provided after signing up to a newsletter),
- Member rates or subscription programmes offered on the Third-Party Booking Channel concerned,
- Rates granted for partners of the Ambassador Hotel Group and their employees,
- Rates granted for employees of the Ambassador Hotel Group,
- Rates offered by sources selling unsold travel inventory on an opaque pricing basis (i.e. Hotwire and Priceline) which specify the name of the hotel
or its location only after confirmation of the booking,
- Rates displayed on websites/portals/web pages which do not have an on-line booking system such as information sites or sites which confirm reservations only after
contacting the hotel (“booking request”),
- Rates which are part of a package which includes both a room and an airline ticket, a cruise, car rental or any other activity or any other service inside or outside the hotel.
“Best Price Guarantee” does not apply to websites requiring membership, on-line memberships or programs with password or login to consult a hotel’s rates and room availability.
ARTICLE 2. HOTELS CONCERNED BY “BEST PRICE GUARANTEE”
The hotels covered by “Best Price Guarantee” are as follows :
- All hotels in the Ambassador Hotel Group (Grand Ambassador, Gyeongwonjae Ambassador, Fairmont Ambassador, Grand Mercure Ambassador, Novotel Suite Ambassador, Novotel Ambassador,
Mercure Ambassador, ibis Styles Ambassador, ibis Ambassador, ibis Budget Ambassador),
- and hotels of certain partners (i.e. Hotel Crescendo Seoul managed by Accor & Ambassador) available through Ambassador hotel channels
The followings are not eligible for “Best Price Guarantee”:
- Mondrian, Teddy Valley
ARTICLE 3. PROCEDURE FOR BENEFITING FROM “BEST PRICE GUARANTEE”
3.1 Request form
In order to benefit from “Best Price Guarantee”, you must (i) meet the conditions mentioned in article 1 above and (ii) complete the request form.
The required fields (as specified in the request form) indicated on the request form must be completed correctly. In this regard, you guarantee that the information provided in the request form is true and complete. Ambassador hotel cannot be held liable if errors or incomplete information have been entered by the Customer and if, for this reason, Ambassador Hotel cannot apply “Best Price Guarantee” under the conditions specified herein.
3.2 Screen capture
A screen capture displaying both the date of the capture and the lowest price found using the Third-Party Booking Channel must be attached to the request form, along with the associated terms and conditions of sale as well as any other document supporting the request. Incomplete or incorrect requests, or those which include ineligible or incomplete documents, will not be processed. The screen capture must clearly show the date of the stay, the hotel name, the terms and conditions of sale, the number of people in the room and the rates offered on the Third-Party Booking Channel.
Requests must be submitted within 24 hours following confirmation of the Eligible Booking and no later than 48 hours before the planned arrival at the hotel. To comply with these deadlines, you should refer to the dates and times mentioned in your booking confirmation email.
ARTICLE 4. MANAGEMENT OF REQUESTS
After a check has been carried out by Ambassador Hotel, you may benefit from the “Best Price Guarantee” if your request meets all the conditions mentioned herein. Each Ambassador Hotel will send you an email no later than one week after the claim is sent, to the email address entered on the form with the confirmation number of the Eligible Booking as well as the new applicable rate.
If the request does not meet “Best Price Guarantee” conditions, Ambassador Hotel will send you an email indicating that you cannot benefit from “Best Price Guarantee”, indicating the grounds for this refusal.
In the event that you wish to cancel the Eligible Booking and not benefit from “Best Price Guarantee”, please refer to the cancellation conditions applicable to your Eligible Booking which are detailed in the email confirming the Eligible Booking.
ARTICLE 5. PAYMENT TO THE HOTEL ON DEPARTURE
In the case of an Eligible Booking, and if no pre-payment has been made, the rate confirmed by Ambassador Hotel under the conditions specified in the previous article will be billed by the hotel on departure, with all other services not included in the booking (restaurant, bar, etc.).
If the Eligible Booking was prepaid at the time of the on-line booking more than 30 days before the date of arrival, the refund will be made to the same credit card.
If the Eligible Booking was prepaid at the time of the on-line booking less than 30 days before the date of arrival, the refund will be made by the hotel on departure.
Services not included in the booking (restaurant, bar, etc.) will be billed by the hotel on departure.
ARTICLE 6. LIABILITY
Insofar as Ambassador Hotel Group has no control over a Third-Party Booking Channel, Ambassador Hotel Group cannot be held responsible for costs which may arise following cancellation of a booking, for all bookings made through any Third-Party Booking Channel.
ARTICLE 7. AMENDMENTS TO THESE GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Ambassador Hotel Group reserves the right to amend these general terms and conditions at any time. The amended terms and conditions shall take effect on the date they are put on-line on the website and shall apply to any request submitted on the website from the time they are put on-line.
Ambassador Hotel Group asks the Customer to read these general terms and conditions carefully before each request, as they may have been modified. Any request involves the prior consultation and acceptance of these general terms and conditions by means of a checkbox provided for this purpose and which includes a hyperlink referring to these general terms and conditions.
Ambassador Hotel Group also reserves the right to end “Best Price Guarantee”, at any time, it being specified that requests submitted before the termination of “Best Price Guarantee” will be processed by Ambassador Hotel Group under the terms and conditions specified herein.